Monday, May 17, 2010

Excursions



This is the first post of a series: photo stories about various ordinary trips, such as going to the store or taking a walk in the park. What I really wish is that there had been blogs forty years ago, and I had been posting stories about everyday life all these years. I would love to be able to read them now. I've found that stories of ordinary stuff are what I like to read on others' blogs.

I also wish I had taken photos of everyday things all those years ago. I would love to have photos of my bedrooms through the years, and the kitchen and living room of the house in which I grew up, and the back yard, and that long, dusty (or muddy), potholed road between our house and the mailbox, on which I learned to ride a bike. It wouldn't look like much to anyone else, but it would be a treasure to me.

Perhaps at some point in the future I'll be glad to have these stories and photos of ordinary days and excursions.

(The photo shows our late dog, Norman, on an excursion of his own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment