Sunday, February 20, 2011

Back on the farm

Still looking at old photos and thinking about my grandparents' farm in Michigan. This is a summer vacation photo taken on the steps leading up to the farmhouse, probably in 1957 or 1958. That is me wearing the weird capri pants, my grandfather Albert Voigt, my grandmother Bertha Voigt, my brother Norbert in front of her, my aunt Carol and Uncle Paul Voigt, kneeling on the steps with two of their three children (probably my cousins Mike and Sherry), and the farm dog, whose name I do not remember. I do remember being always impressed with how smart those dogs were, though. They were a huge help rounding up the cows every evening and getting them back into the barn. My mother (who looked remarkably like her mother) probably took this photo. (And Uncle Paul looks a lot like his dad, as you can see in this photo.)

No comments:

Post a Comment