Friday, April 27, 2012

Since my last post

I have developed sciatica, which sounds like some sort of beautiful flower (I arranged bunches of lovely pink and blue sciatica) but is actually a darn painful condition. It could be worse ( I would rate the pain as only 3-4 on a scale of 1-10, so that's not too bad) but it has certainly slowed me down. Ah well - it will probably go away on its own in another week or so.

Neil has been in and out of the hospital.


When we returned from Lambertville last Friday, he developed chills and a low fever. Went to the doc and had a blood test. Sunday morning the doc called and told him to get to the hospital.

It was a blood infection, and IV antibiotics took care of it. We never did find out the cause.

I turned in the final draft (I hope) of the article I'm writing for In Trust. I graded many papers for the online course I teach. I went to work and did work stuff.

Mr. Bean has been very good; he does have a weird way of lying down, though.



And now I'm getting ready for an overnight visit from Neil's brother and his wife this weekend. Getting ready slowly, limping a bit - but still very happy to be having company!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my dear Friend! Sciatica is no joke. It's one of those conditions that, because of its "invisibility" does not rate very high on the "serious" scale of diseases. No bones sticking out. No blood gushing from your eyes. Be sure your doctor is as aggressive as you need to manage the pain. I don't think it goes away by itself. Mine sure hasn't.I hope you feel better soon and am glad that Neil is on the mend. Please keep me in your loop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deborah. I have been kidding with a friend at work, that I "caught it" from her - but now perhaps I could say that I caught it from you, over the interwebs. Actually, today has been a pretty good day. But nerve pain is just rotten, isn't it?

    By the way, the friend at work who has this says that traction helps the most. She gets it when she goes to therapy, but her insurance pays for that only every other week. I hope you get some relief soon. It's worse at night, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete