Thursday, June 11, 2009

Next up in the church visiting series

All are welcome at the Lord’s table
I visit Haddonfield United Methodist Church in Haddonfield, NJ, where I puzzle over the sermon, am critical of the logistics of taking communion, and get lost wandering around the building. Uh oh - I am turning out to be an incompetent church visitor.

Elephants and kangaroosies, roosies
I visit St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Haddon Township, NJ, where I experience my first Blessing of the Animals service and learn how our relationship with animals can bring us into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.

Be ye separate
I visit Bible Presbyterian Church in Collingswood, NJ, where I realize that I am underdressed (it’s a head-covering congregation) and hear a sermon on God’s conditions for protecting America from foreign enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment