Sunday, August 9, 2009

Next four churches in the Church Visiting series

Our Father-Mother God, all-harmonious

I attend the First Church of Christ, Scientist, in Haddonfield, NJ, where I listen to lots of very soothing reading on the topic of Truth.

Here comes my Lord, on a cross

I attend Kingsway Assembly of God Church, in Cherry Hill, NJ, where I hear two pastors give impassioned exhortations concerning the Lord’s supper.

I was moved in the Lord’s power to thresh their chaffy, light minds

I attend Haddonfield Friends meeting, where I sit in comfortable silence in a very old meetinghouse, inspect the graffiti carved into the old pews, and listen to some thoughts on death. I read George Fox’s Autobiography in preparation for this visit, and am dumbstruck.

If I Could Hie to Kolob

I attend the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, Cherry Hill, NJ in another attempt to see an entire Mormon service. Again I arrive at the wrong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment