Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sweet yellow cherry tomatoes

Today I went to the local Farmers’ Market. It’s crowded, so I had to park a few blocks away. On my walk, I happened to notice this garden, which seemed to be bursting through the white fence:

Garden bursting through fence

I walked around to the side, and was able to see into the yard:

August Saturday 004

How lovely!

In front, the owners of the house seemed to be having a quiet brunch on their beautiful porch:

brunch on porch

I love these small New Jersey towns.

Back home, I unloaded my haul from the market:

August Saturday 009

August Saturday 008

Everything looks good, but the yellow cherry tomatoes are the real find today – wonderful flavor!! I made a tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad for lunch:

August Saturday 011

What a nice start to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment