Saturday, September 26, 2009

Next up in the Church Visiting series



Giving the children’s bread to dogs
In Lancaster, PA, with no car available, I stay home and watch a religious television program, Stand Up for Jesus with Pastor Buddy Flosser. I send away for a prayer cloth.

Reach out to the least, the last, and the lost
I attend the First United Methodist Church of Collingswood, NJ, where I hear a sermon on the need to minister to others.

Find us, and ye shall seek
I attend the Unitarian Universalist Church of Cherry Hill, NJ, where I participate in a water ceremony and learn how mean and narrow-minded denominational Christians are.

We use and defend the King James Bible
I attend the Bible for Today Baptist Church in Collingswood, NJ, where the service is held in the pastor’s living room and simultaneously webcast on the Internet. I learn that the King James Bible is the only version that contains the accurate Word of God, hear some great gospel piano, have my photograph taken by the pastor’s wife, and am given a book of poetry written by the pastor’s wife’s mother.

Photo courtesy Flickruser seir+seir+seir

No comments:

Post a Comment