Monday, March 21, 2011

Crock pot cake

One of my favorite cakes since I first tried it when I bought a crock pot in the seventies. Here is the recipe:

Pour the batter into the special crock pot cake pan:


I didn't have sherry, so I used Irish cream liqueur. And I didn't have pecans, so I used almonds.

This is the pan, with its vented lid, inside the crock pot:


It's not the most beautiful cake in the world:



But it is very, very delicious.


I looked on line, and found that Rival no longer makes these crock pot cake pans. (Hey - I just realized that I can use the Old Everyday Things tag for this post!) Some people use old coffee cans, and others bake cakes right in the crock pot itself. But you can buy the pans used, as this website points out.
Baking a cake in the crock pot is a nice option in the summer, when you don't want to turn on the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment