Friday, March 18, 2011

Stella Pizzeria

Met a couple friends after work today. We have been meeting every couple months or so for almost eight years now, ever since we were all laid off as medical journal editors. We ate at Stella Pizzeria, which is in the Old City area of Philadelphia, in historic Headhouse Square:




Good food, excellent friends. On my walk back to the Market East train station, I passed a site of presidential imbibing:


I admired the neon at the Bleu Martini, a scene of modern imbibing:
And I saw people socializing out on the streets everywhere, tables and chairs placed on the sidewalk so that people could enjoy the beautiful weather.

A very nice way to close the week and prepare for the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. If anyone ever asks me who I want to trade lives with I am letting you know now that yours would be my selection. I love these little snippets of your world! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb, but be careful what you wish for. I'm not brave enough to post stuff about the really hard experiences. Most of the time I'm trying very consciously to post the good stuff - partly to remind myself to be grateful for "little things" - which are really the big things, in the end. Coincidentally, it's something Janet and I discuss almost every time we get together. At Stella Pizzeria we spent a surprising amount of time discussing how much we consciously love and appreciate sleep, and try to be aware of it every evening and morning.

    I agree thoroughly about enjoying snippets of others' worlds - the best thing about blogs. Like novels, they give us more life, and different lives.

    ReplyDelete