Saturday, September 15, 2012

Autumn begins

Today was a bit of this and that, which describes most Saturdays.

Neil biked at the park, but I walked Beanie, who occasionally sat down (but not for long).


I'm glad I took pictures of the corn last weekend, because today the fields were shorn to the ground.



This reminded me that these fields are not just there for photo ops - they represent hours and hours of hard work and the investment of lots of money on someone's part.

The plants that remain are looking quite autumn-ish now, and still quite beautiful.



Grades for the two online classes I teach have to be turned in by midnight on Tuesday, so after the walk in the park I hurried home to sit in front of the computer for several hours.

I cooked, of course. What might these ingredients make?



Hmm . . . fennel, sausage, tomatoes, fennel seed, vermouth, olive oil, and broth.

Soup, of course.

And it was delicious. This recipe is a keeper.

Dinner was very autumnal. Chili on rice with sour cream and fritos, and a glass of dark beer.



Aaaah. Good Saturday. And there is still another day of this weekend to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment