Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bliss, Philadelphia

Busy, busy weekend - midterm grades are due on Monday in the online class I am teaching. Plus lots of yardwork in this gorgeous fall weather. Plus all the ordinary weekend chores.

However, this was also a weekend for a treat. A couple months ago I bought one of those half-off coupons through Living Social, and we used it today for lunch at Bliss, in downtown Philly.

I had the hot and sour duck soup, which was terrific (and also the first time I've ever had duck soup). The main course was eggs Benedict with filet mignon and lobster.



And that's a ginger mint mojito on the right hand side of the plate.

I may buy more coupons. They give you not only the dollar savings, but the benefit of several weeks of looking forward to using them. (If you click on the link, you'll see the research that shows that the big benefit of vacations is in the weeks before you actually go on them. I think that may be true of things like these coupons, too - but the meal itself was great, also!)



No comments:

Post a Comment