Monday, November 21, 2011

Never thought of making these myself

My son Tim likes to make stuff - all kinds of stuff. He bakes bread, and he is also making his own amplifier for his electric guitar. He and his friend James brew beer. His newest project is cheese -- something I never even thought of making myself. Gouda, to be exact.

It looked like this at first.




After a few days of drying the brined cheese, Tim added the wax coating.



Now it just needs to age for a few months.

Homemade cheese!! What a surprising idea!

Neil found another homemade recipe that surprised me - sour cream. Who knew you could make your own sour cream, and that it would be more delicious than the kind you buy at the supermarket?

Only two ingredients - heavy cream and buttermilk. Plus time. Sometimes cooking is so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment