Sunday, May 20, 2012

The relocated Barnes

Visited Philadelphia's newest cultural sensation today, the relocated Barnes museum.

Fabulous.


I think I had heard of an artist named Chaim Soutine before visiting, but for some reason on this visit his work resonated with me. And I stood for quite a while in front of one of my favorites, Claude Monet's painting of a houseboat. (The little image that comes up at the link doesn't, of course, capture the effect of seeing the real thing.)

You are not allowed to take photos inside the museum, so I don't have any of those. Instead, I have a picture of the women's restroom, where you are allowed to take pictures (if no one else is around), and which is really rather interesting, since each stall is its own room, rather large, and behind a very tall door.



And you can take pictures of the lobby downstairs, which has a very late sixties-ish Mad Men vibe.




No comments:

Post a Comment