Thursday, May 10, 2012

Twist and Shout



Oh frabjous day! Calloo! Callay!

Last night I slept without waking up once because of back pain (it's actually kind of butt to knee pain). Tonight I took Mr. Bean for a nice long walk, also without pain.

I think this is from doing sciatica exercises (you can Google those) - mainly stretching and twisting like crazy. Even during my commute on the train I was twisting around in my seat as often as possible.

I'm very fortunate that at work we have a private room people can use when they need a few moments alone, because some of these exercises look rather peculiar - and I was determined to do them several times a day.

Apparently I have to keep this up for the rest of my life.

It's a small price to pay.

Oddly, the only thing that now hurts is lying flat on my back. Just about every other position and activity feels fine.

Plus, another cause for celebration - Neil answered a job ad on Craig's List and has a full-time job. With benefits and a 401K and everything. Suddenly, out of the blue.

This was a fine week. Twisting and shouting over here.

3 comments:

  1. Good news for you and the mister! And thanks for the video. Who knew those crazy kids would amount to anything? Happy Mothers' Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much - and happy Mother's Day to you, too!

    I hesitated to post this one, since I know full well that not everyone is having such good luck. Neither Neil nor I are taking this spell of good news for granted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob and I just signed on for biweekly treatments at the local Chiropractor's office. I can't say that I'm feeling the way I did before I started carrying small children around on my right hip every day for 8 years, but I am impressed. : )

    ReplyDelete