Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

Friday we drove back home. Rain threatened, and for a short while it was heavy.


But not for long. The skies cleared.




The light after the storm was beautiful.



No, rain was not the problem. Traffic, especially around New York City, was the problem. Horrible.
But we finally made it back home, where I found that my tomato plants had doubled in size during our absence.


And that night I was able to once again enjoy my own comfortable bed (the bed at the resort was not nearly so comfortable, my sole complaint). I should write a post some time about how very much I appreciate and enjoy sleep, one of the great pleasures of life.

All in all, a great vacation. It fulfilled two of the main goals of vacation - I had a great time in a different place, and I had a renewed appreciation for home.

No comments:

Post a Comment