Sunday, August 28, 2011

Mezzaluna

Good night, Irene. The big blow did not harm us at all. We did not lose power, and our sump pumps kept pumping. Others, not too far from here, were not as lucky.

Of greater personal interest at the moment - I bought a mezzaluna at a kitchen store that is going out of business. The mezzaluna (half moon) is a blade with a handle, for chopping. Tonight I chopped up pistachios for garnishing a stir fry.


A knife works just as well, but it's fun to have a new kitchen tool.

Anothe thing I did today - read proofs of an article that will be published soon, about educational programs in maximum security prisons. I feel very honored and privileged to have been able to write the article. I cannot truly imagine surviving life in a maximum security facility. I hope very, very, very much that I never have that experience.

We spent about an hour cleaning up debris from the front yard. The back yard will have to wait till next weekend.

All in all, a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment