Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dragon butt

City landscaping is fascinating but also somewhat horrifying to a cheapskate like me.

The owners of big expensive buildings want the grounds to look good, of course, and the only way to look good in every season is to pull up and throw out all the plants several times a year, and put in completely new ones.

For example, all the hundreds of bulbs and annuals that brightened the streets during the spring and summer are thrown into the back of a landscaper's truck (to be composted, I assume), and replaced with autumn plantings. These in turn will be thrown into the back of the truck in a few more months.

This seems horrendously expensive to me, but I have to say that I enjoy the results. Plus, the landscapers never come up with the same combinations twice. Last year I think this same area was all ornamental cabbages.






It still looks a little raw and new, but will be lush within a week or so.

Not related, but I also took a photo of Drexel dragon butt.


No comments:

Post a Comment