Monday, October 17, 2011

Fortune favors fools

Last weekend was so cool, so clear, so crisp - wonderful autumn weather!

On Saturday we went to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, to see the Rembrandt exhibit.

At the end of the exhibit you end up in a small gift shop, where the museum is selling everything Dutch, in honor of Rembrandt van Rijn.


I bought a little packet of salty Dutch licorice, and I'm sad to report that it wasn't very good. It had a weird and unpleasant aftertaste.

I stopped by one of my favorite paintings in the regular collection, John Atkinson Grimshaw's London from Wapping. Here is a very poor photo of the painting:


You can see a better version here.

In the contemporary art section, I saw a collection of old saws:




Outside the museum, we admired the sky and the weather.


And saw a group of motorcycle riders, the Latin American Cycle Club, who were out enjoying the weekend.



What a day to be outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment