Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ferry Cross the Mersey



Gerry and the Pacemakers were one of my earliest favorite groups, and Ferry Cross the Mersey was one of my favorite songs. My son Chris once asked me what songs I liked when I first started to listen to music, and I mentioned Gerry and the Pacemakers.

Somehow he found a tape of their first album (this was before CDs, and when obscure things were much harder to find - before the Internet) and gave it to me for Christmas. One of the best presents I ever received.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! And "Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying" I miss these guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Love that song too!
    I just watched the video again. Have to say that is exceptionally lackluster, disinterested dancing among the crowd of onlookers.

    ReplyDelete