Monday, April 4, 2011

Jacket with words

In church this week I sat behind a woman wearing a jacket with writing incorporated into the design. It wasn’t obvious at first; the pattern was hidden among various swirls and dabs of color. But eventually I noticed the words:
  • We have so much to chat about.
  • I’m so glad you’re here. You have such a good heart.
  • I can’t wait to see you.
  • Thank you – you are a dear friend.

 I wanted to ask her if I could take a photo, but that seemed way too intrusive. So I contented myself with telling her that I admired her jacket when it was time to shake hands and “pass the peace.”

And I do admire it. I wouldn’t wear something so extroverted myself, but I admire people who can do so with a glad spirit.

Wrapping yourself (literally) with cheerful, friendly thoughts might not be such a bad idea.
 Also, I wonder if there is a word for design that incorporates words and/or letters. If not, there should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment