Monday, April 18, 2011

Nice surprise


I had tickets to a concert at the Kimmel Center last week that I couldn't use (too tired, too rainy, too busy a week), so I offered them to anyone who could use them, via email at work. Someone I had never met said that she and her husband would like to see the concert (actually, she said that she had never seen an orchestra in person before, and that this would be very exciting). So I was happy to give her the tickets.

To my great surprise, the next morning I found a gift from her on my desk -- eclairs and cookies! And the concert program. And a very sweet thank-you in my email. I think I made better use of the tickets than if I had attended the concert.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed! Such a good story! One forgets how kind and appreciative the world is when you let loose your generous impulse.

    ReplyDelete