Friday, February 3, 2012

Eat your greens.

I love greens.

One of my favorite meals - just a big plate of sauteed greens.

So I was quite pleased when I found something new at the store - a bag of Power Greens, featuring something I had never heard of, tatsoi.

It turns out that tatsoi, also known as spinach mustard or spoon mustard, is an Asian variety of Brassica rapa, according to Wikipedia.

I cooked the greens with a little olive oil and garlic - the usual method.


Not quite sure which leaves are tatsoi.


It all cooks down in a few minutes to a delicous plate of greens - one of the simplest meals on earth.



Well, for me it's a meal. The bag says that it makes four servings, but I could have eaten two bags of greens with no trouble. (And apparently eight servings would be only 160 calories, even if I had eaten two bags - I don't think they include the olive oil in the calorie count, though.)

Do I have a backup plan for when I'm out of fresh greens? Yes I do, in the pantry in the laundry room.



Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment