Sunday, February 12, 2012

Soup and snow

Aaaaaand another weekend comes to an end.

This was a busy one for me, since we had houseguests and I did a bit of cooking.

I roasted vegetables to make stock for a thick vegetable soup. Here they are ready to roast.


After roasting they were simmered for quite a while in water (with some added herbs).


Then the stock was strained and cooled. The next day it became the base for a lovely soup.

Soup is a lovely thing in any season, but particularly on a wintry day. We had a little more snow, just enough to make things pretty outside, in the back yard


and the front.


And even my old nemesis, the huge tree at the edge of the driveway that should be taken down, looked quite enchanting dusted with snow.



I graded lots of papers, too. Good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment