Saturday, January 21, 2012

Aji limo rojo

Finally - snow. The first snow we have seen since that surprise storm last October.

Especially nice for me, since I have been snugly settled at home since last Monday, waiting for my toe to heal. I plan to step out the door tomorrow. But for now nothing is cozier than sitting at home in pajamas and robe, gazing out the window at the pretty little snowfall.

And how wonderful that I have not one, but two jobs that can be done at home. My full-time job allows us to work from home whenever necessary, and my part-time job is teaching an online class. So I actually stayed home this week and got lots of work done!

The first snow calls for comfort food, and for us that is mac and cheese. I made a big batch tonight, and I made it very hot and peppery. I added jalapeno peppers, chili pepper in adobo sauce, habanero cheese, and one dried aji limo rojo (a Peruvian pepper), crumbled up and added to the onions and mushrooms.



MMMM. I welcome winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment