Thursday, September 15, 2011

And just like that, it was autumn

The last few days were hot and muggy. This morning was a little cooler, but still muggy.

I could have walked from 30th Street Station to work, but eight blocks in the humidity was not appealing, so I hopped on the Lucy bus that circles through the University City district.

I didn't think about the weather all day. An 8:00 breakfast meeting, lots of emails back and forth, a conference call, more computer stuff - not a thought about what was going on outside.

So it was a surprise when I set foot outdoors again.


It had rained a bit, and the temperature had dropped a lot. So much, in fact, that I hopped on the Lucy again to get back to the station.

And tonight I took the warm fuzzy robe out of the closet for the first time in months. And put the down comforter on the bed.

Yay! It's really, really autumn!

No comments:

Post a Comment