Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The textbook has arrived.

One of the textbooks, at least.

I am going to teach an online class, beginning next month.

I have never taken a class on line, and I'm a little nervous about whether or not I will be fully prepared; therefore, I'm reading and re-reading the course guide so frequently I may have it memorized by the time class begins (well, my memory isn't as great as it once was, so it might be more accurate to say that I'll be pretty darn familiar with it when the class begins).

It's the kind of class I really like - developmental English, for students who are not adequately prepared for college-level writing. But when I have taught this in the past, I could see their faces! This will be so different.

Students, whoever and wherever you are, some of you are probably a bit anxious about this class.

I hope you have no inkling of how anxious your teacher is!

No comments:

Post a Comment