Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Love that licorice

I had reason to be on the east side of Philadelphia today, in the historic district. When I was an editor at Lippincott, I walked around this part of the city every day, and it was nice to be back.

One of the places I made sure to visit was Lore's Chocolates, a small treasure of a place.


Halloween candy is already on display.



The kitchen is in back, through the bluish doorway on the left in the picture above. I love it when the kitchen ladies come out wearing big white aprons and white caps, bearing wooden trays of freshly made candy to replenish the shelves. It makes me feel like a kid in an English children's book.

The butter cookies looked good.


I always visit the licorice table.


I bought a bag of licorice Scotties.

The rest of the day was fine, but visiting Lore's Chocolates may have been the highlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment