Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekend tasks and pleasures

Got up at 6:30. Went to the gym and swam laps for an hour. Wanted to take a picture of the pool, but obviously you can't take pictures of strangers swimming - I wouldn't like it if someone were taking a photo of me. And you really can't take photos in a locker room if other people are around. That would be just creepy. So I have a photo of a deserted locker room.


Here's one of the best parts about swimming laps - it gives a person plenty of time to think. I came up with a long list of things I needed to do, or wanted to do, this weekend.

Nice hot shower and then back home for breakfast.


Coffee, toast, and a bowl of tomato slices, fresh off the patio. Then to the computer, where I emailed a resume and cover letter I had prepared yesterday. No more about that unless there is any interest, but let me just say that I'm not averse to the idea of a new job in a different city.

Then our regular Saturday routine - library, Whole Foods, Giant supermarket, Wawa for a second cup of coffee, BJ's (a big discount store) for supplies like paper towels, Produce Junction for an amazing amount of mushrooms and red peppers at a very low price. A frenzy of consumerism - and we are now stocked up for the week.


We discovered a new product - frozen Greek yogurt!

Back home to put everything away, and to have a bowl of tabouli.

Time to tackle the back yard. I filled four big bags with branches that had come down during the recent storms, and it was hot work in the humidity. Will finish up the front yard tomorrow.

Visited with the neighbors across the fence, and admired their adorable grandson. He has recently learned to walk, and you can't keep him still.

Dripping with sweat, so back inside for another shower. Made a southwestern stir-fry on rice for dinner.


Watched a very good movie after dinner - The Ranger, the Cook, and a Hole in the Sky. An indie film that all three of us enjoyed very much.

And now typing up my blog diary for the day. And thinking back to that list of things I need to do this weekend - there are still so many undone!

No comments:

Post a Comment