Sunday, March 11, 2012

I think that I shall never see

Last Thursday was a gorgeous day, and I was working from home, and about ten in the morning I heard chain saw sounds from the back yard, so of course I had to go out and look.

Our neighbors in the back were having two big trees removed, using the same tree service that trimmed our large tree in front the week before (this company is going door to door in this area, offering great deals on tree removal and trimming).

Can you see the man in the tree?

How about if I zoom in? (I swear, there really is a man up in one of those trees.)


He is up there without much support at all (a belt keeping him close to the tree), and carrying a chain saw. Amazing!

Bit by bit, the tree grew smaller and smaller, and the man inched closer and closer to the ground.



And now we have more light coming into the back yard. Thanks, neighbors!

But now, after thinking about and watching trimming over the past two weeks, I find myself looking very critically at trees wherever I go, thinking, "Sheesh, what a mess. Those branches really need to come down." Or, "My gosh, that big old tree is very dangerous - but it would cost a fortune to have it removed."

I'd really like to get back to the old days, when I just admired trees uncritically.


No comments:

Post a Comment