Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fear knocked at the door

My full-time job and two part-time jobs all collided yesterday. I went into Philadelphia to work. At four-thirty I boarded a train for Wilmington, to attend a board meeting of the group for which I write. The spreadsheet of grades on the final assignment in the online class I teach was due tonight.

Having now returned from Philadelphia and Wilmington, emailed the spreadsheet, answered all student emails, and breathed a great sigh of relief, I will take a moment to look at some of the not inconsiderable pleasures of the previous 24 or so hours.

Last night I slept here:



I ate scallops and arugula on a bed of lobster polenta:


Today I listened to many wise and funny and kind people speak.

This evening I had a Pimm's Cup (two, actually):


And ate wonderful appetizers:

Curried deviled eggs on the slate on the left, and golden pickled beets, goat cheese, olive tapenade, and buttery toasts on the right.

And had fish and chips:

This was at Dandelion, the Stephen Starr British gastropub in Philadelphia.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment