Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mayim Bialek

Perhaps this is common knowledge, but I was very surprised to learn that Mayim Bialek, who plays neurobiologist Amy Farrah Fowler on the very funny sitcom The Big Bang Theory . . . really is a neurobiologist.

She earned her doctorate in 2008 at UCLA. Also, she was Blossom in the series Blossom. I don't think I've ever seen an episode of that series, but I have heard of it.

A fascinating career, and she's still quite young.

Oh - and she just published a book.

On March 6, 2012, her book, Beyond the Sling: A Real-Life Guide to Raising Confident, Loving Children the Attachment Parenting Way was released.

Gosh.

UPDATED

I'll be darned. The day after I posted about Mayim Bialek I read an article about her book on Slate.





1 comment:

  1. I did not know that! Sounds like a book I will add to my list. When Blossom was on the air people used to assume we were related. Because our last names were SO similar. (?) She also played the young CCBloom in Beaches.

    ReplyDelete