Sunday, March 18, 2012

We like trees

My son from New York, Chris, called yesterday to say hello from Princeton - he was visiting a friend having a birthday. And he wanted to revisit a park we visited a lot when we lived in Princeton, but he couldn't recall the name.

Ah, Marquand Park. One of the best parks ever, with the most magnificent trees. My children remember it well (the place, not the name) because of the old, gnarled, interesting trees - perfect for exploring.

I found one photo from those years (mid-eighties). My daughter and younger son (you can barely see the top of his head) are in this photo.


I emailed the photo to Chris and apologized that I couldn't find a photo of our favorite park that also included him.

So today he emailed me some photos of him in Marquand Park.



E-mail is amazing. The Internet is amazing. Life is amazing.

UPDATED: Chris called again. He has the opportunity to spend a week next summer sailing the Mediterranean with the friend from Princeton. This guy must be the world's greatest friend - what an adventure that would be! I told him, in no uncertain terms, to go for it by all means.

No comments:

Post a Comment