Friday, July 1, 2011

Daily food blog

I've read about (but have never actually read) blogs in which people keep track of what they eat every day, with photos. I've heard that, boring though they sound, some are actually rather interesting.

I tried to find some, but I couldn't find the kind I'm thinking of - a record kept by one person of what he or she eats. I found many other kinds of food blogs, but not that kind.

Why even think of such a thing? Because today was the first day of a 4-day weekend, with nothing special planned, and I have noticed that on days like this my eating habits become strange. And I thought that a record of what I ate today would make a weird entry in a daily eating food blog (if I were to have one, which I do not).

The day started out pretty ordinary, with strong coffee, two poached eggs, and one slice of toast.

Then I went to the store and bought, among other things, a cantaloupe. I cut it up when I returned home, planning to eat a little - and ended up eating the entire thing! It was so good! But after I had finished it, I thought - good Lord, I just ate an entire cantaloupe. And not a small one.

Later I planted a couple pots of white petunias in the front garden (forgot to mention that this was an absolutely gorgeous summer day). While planting the petunias I noticed a stray frond poking up through the soil that looked like a little carrot top, and remembered that we had planted carrot seeds in this spot last fall. It was a carrot! A little teeny carrot that somehow came up a year later!


It was delicious.

We had half a jar of Hot Red Pepper Jam left from our trip to New Hampshire, so I mixed it up with cream cheese to make a dip, and ate that with chips.

We had planned to have sandwiches for dinner - avocado, bacon, tomato, and lettuce sandwiches. But Neil has a cold and didn't feel like eating anything, and I didn't want to make the sandwich just for myself. So I had more chips, this time with chipotle salsa.

And I'm going to have butter pecan ice cream before going to bed.

It's a good thing I don't write a food blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment